The Council of American States in Canada (CASC) is an association of member states and trade offices committed to promoting direct investment into the United States and finding trade opportunities between American and Canadian companies.
CASC members - the states of Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, and Florida, as well as the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Governors and Premiers - have offices in Canada and offer a wide range of free, customized direct investment and trade facilitation services.
CASC's direct investment activities offer crucial business planning information, including:
- State and industry-level business profiles,
- State regulation information,
- State economic development incentive programs, and
- Valuable contact networks with US professional service providers and community economic development organizations.
CASC members also serve as trade facilitators between U.S. companies and Canadian distributors, agents, and manufacturers, helping to bring innovative and quality U.S. products and services to the Canadian market. Trade facilitation activities can also include:
- Market entry analysis (distribution channel, joint venture, agent or manufacturer's representative, direct sales),
- Extensive market research and overview,
- Product viability studies and positioning,
- In-country appointment setting,
- Agent, distributor, and end-user searches,
- Trade mission development and coordination,
- Marketing and related tools review (including online activity and social media presence),
- Company lists and referrals, and
- General assistance, as required.
For general inquiries, please contact a specific CASC member using the information below.
Raidan Al-Eryani, Director
Hesam Houryaband, Deputy Director
Jeffrey Johnson, Trade Director
Minneapolis Saint Paul Region
Ron A. Straatsma
State of Minnesota - Canadian Office
Missouri Canada International Trade & Investment Office
Ludovic Ortuno, Director
Empire State Development
Maggie Liu, Deputy Director
New York State Canada Office
Grow Trade Consulting Inc.
Nancy Ward, Director
North Carolina's Canadian Trade Office
Canadian Trade Office for Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin
Nancy Ward, Director